Over 100 Days of Republican Government
Today we celebrate the over 100 days of Republican government and the incredible successes New Hampshire’s witnessed under conservative leadership!
Concord, NH – New Hampshire Republican State Committee Chairman Stephen Stepanek released the following statement noting the accomplishments during the first 100 days of New Hampshire’s unified Republican government:
“New Hampshire has a lot to be proud of in terms of the accomplishments our unified Republican government has achieved in the first 100 days since the new legislature was sworn in,” said NHGOP Chairman Stephen Stepanek. “As Governor Chris Sununu makes historic nominations that are confirmed by our new Republican Executive Council, Senate President Chuck Morse and House Speaker Sherm Packard are cutting taxes and protecting the lives of our most vulnerable population. Under the leadership of Governor Chris Sununu, Republicans have been able to protect and expand the New Hampshire Advantage, keeping the state’s tax free legacy intact and putting Granite Staters first.”
“Acknowledging the historic successes achieved under our Republican State Government, Granite Staters can expect continued advancements in legislation and robust leadership through the remainder of their terms — The BEST is yet to come!”
This past cycle we saw an overwhelmingly successful election in the State of New Hampshire. We obtained majorities within the Senate, House and Executive Council, in addition to re-electing Governor Chris Sununu for a third consecutive term. This made it possible for New Hampshire’s state government ‘trifecta’ to achieve some extraordinary feats through their first 100 days in office, including the confirmation of AG MacDonald as Chief Justice to the NH Supreme Court and Ryan Terrell to the State Board of Education.
New Hampshire Republican Representatives were able to pass the ‘Born Alive Infant Protection Act’ ensuring children who survived abortion procedures would receive the critical care they deserve. Representatives also worked in lockstep with Governor Chris Sununu to safely get our students back in the classrooms, and thanks to the Governor’s executive order, all students have the ability to access in-person learning at least two days a week.
Furthermore, in terms of economic triumphs, residents can also look forward to extensive tax cuts, providing an economic boost to local businesses and residents alike. Under the leadership of Governor Chris Sununu, Republicans have been able to protect and expand the New Hampshire Advantage, keeping the state’s tax free legacy intact and putting Granite Staters first.
Overview of Notable Republican Accomplishments
- New Republican Majorities House & Senate on December 2nd, 2020 and they quickly got to work for the people of New Hampshire, a change in pace from the previous Democrat legislature.
- On December 11th, 2020 the new Republican controlled Joint Legislative Fiscal Accepts first batch of $46M in Federal Grants for Public Charter Schools https://www.concordmonitor.com/Fiscal-Committee-approves-doubling-NH-charter-schools-$46-million-grant-37734794
- On January 7th, Governor Chris Sununu’s Third Term Begins along with a new Republican Executive Council. AG MacDonald renominated by Governor Chris Sununu & later confirmed by the new Republican Executive Council to be the next Chief Justice of the NH Supreme Court https://www.wmur.com/article/sununu-plans-to-renominate-macdonald-for-state-supreme-court/35143450
- Ryan Terrell renominated & confirmed to BoE; Cline, Edelblut renominated & confirmed https://www.nhpr.org/post/executive-council-approves-previously-rejected-state-board-ed-nominee#stream/0
- Governor Sununu Presents his budget that cuts taxes, eliminates the I&D tax, and puts NH First by protecting and expanding the NH Advantage https://www.concordmonitor.com/New-Hampshire-Gov-Chris-Sununu-budget-address-emphasizes-tax-cuts-38821250
- Governor Chris Sununu issued an Executive Order to ensure all NH Students receive at least two days a week of in-person instruction. https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-and-media/governor-sununu-signs-back-school-emergency-order
- House stands for Life by passing legislation that ends Late Term Abortions & passing the Born Alive Infant Protection Act https://www.concordmonitor.com/New-Hampshire-House-passes-two-anti-abortion-bills-amid-chaos-Democrats-walk-out-Speaker-locks-doors-39062964
- Senate Passes Right-to-Work to increase worker freedom and expand economic growth in New Hampshire https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-primary-source-right-to-work-expected-to-clear-first-hurdle-with-near-party-line-senate-vote/35475906
- Eddie Edwards Nominated & later Confirmed to serve as Assistant Commissioner of Safety https://www.wmur.com/article/sununu-nominates-eddie-edwards-as-assistant-commissioner-of-safety/35523171
- John Formella nominated to be Attorney General https://www.wmur.com/article/sununu-to-nominate-his-legal-counsel-john-formella-to-succeed-macdonald-as-nh-attorney-general/35696949
- Senate passes employer tax relief – Republicans will cut taxes in the budget https://twitter.com/TheNHSenate/status/1370086696512016392