Biden’s Broken Promises Tour Comes to New Hampshire
First Lady Will Bring a Whole Lot of Malarkey to the Granite State on St. Patrick’s Day
Concord, NH – New Hampshire Republican State Committee Chairman Stephen Stepanek released the following statement regarding Dr. Jill Biden’s visit to New Hampshire today promoting the Democrats’ $1.9 Trillion spending spree:
“The so-called “American Rescue Plan” is a proverbial Pot-of-Gold at the end of the rainbow that Granite Staters will never reach and burdens our children and grandchildren with a massive debt to pay,” said NHGOP Chairman Stephen Stepanek. “Less than 10% of Joe Biden’s and Maggie Hassan’s shopping spree deals with actual COVID-19 related spending; the vast majority of the plan is a whole bunch of malarkey that is ladened with unsustainable pork fulfilling special interest’s wishes instead of providing actual COVID relief. Democrats praising legislation that spends billions of dollars to give convicted felons in prison $1400 each while punishing Granite Staters shows just how out-of-touch they are. As more Granite Staters learn what’s actually in the plan they will realize it’s time for new members of Congress for New Hampshire and we are working every day to fire Maggie Hassan, Chris Pappas, and Ann Kuster in 2022.”
Democrats’ $1.9 Trillion Stimulus:
- Less than 10% of the nearly $2 trillion package goes to COVID relief.
- Just 1% of the spending will go toward accelerating vaccine distribution.
- In the so-called “relief bill, only $6 billion will be spent this fiscal year to reopen schools for America’s 50.7 million public school students.
- Democrats’ bill won’t even require schools to reopen even though the science says they safely can.
- The Democrats’ bill is full of pork and unrelated projects that have nothing to do with COVID relief.
- $350 billion for a blue state bailout, with funding being distributed by a formula that’s biased towards primarily Democrat-run states.
- $86 billion for a pension bailout that pre-dates COVID-19.
- $1.7 billion for Amtrak.
- $800 million for foreign food aid.
- $470 million for the humanities, arts, and museums.
- $100 million for the EPA to “address health outcome disparities from pollution”
- $20 million for “language preservation.”
- An Obamacare expansion that subsidizes health care for wealthier families.
- Planned Parenthood funding
Not included in the bill is:
- An actual COVID plan that prioritizes relief and needed assistance.
- Democrats rejected an amendment to block prisoners and illegal migrants from getting relief checks.
- Democrats rejected an amendment to hold states that underreported nursing home deaths accountable.
- Democrats rejected a provision to help private and parochial schools combat COVID-19.
- Democrats failed to include the Hyde Amendment, a longstanding protection to ensure taxpayer dollars are not used to fund abortion.
Paid for by the New Hampshire Republican State Committee.
Not Authorized By Any Candidate or Candidate’s Committee.